Telegram makes it easy to save the chat history, along with all the images and other media sent between you and a contact. In this guide, we’ll show the step by step instructions to export a chat in Telegram to save on your computer.
1. If you don’t have it already, you’ll need to install Telegram Desktop on your computer. After that, open it and click on the chat you would like to save.
2. Click on the three dots in the top right side of the chat window, then click ‘Export chat history.’
3. Next, select the format (either HTML or JSON) and the path where to save the files. Then, click Export to begin saving all the text and files you selected.
The files will now be exported and viewable in the path that you chose.
If you’d prefer to export the data from all of your Telegram chats at once, follow these steps:
1. Go to the app settings by clicking on the menu icon in the top left side of the app. Click on Settings then go to the Advanced options.
2. Click on ‘Export Telegram data’. In the ‘Chat export settings’ section, make sure you have ‘Personal chats’ box activated. Then click on Export.
3. Once the app is done exporting your chat history, just click on ‘Show my data’ to access to the chat history and other files you chose to export.